We enjoyed hosting over 150 SacLegal supporters at the Tsakopoulos Library Galleria on Thursday, August 17, 2023!
We honored six incredible LGBTQ+ and Ally judicial officers appointed to, or elevated within, the state or federal bench over the last year:
- Judge Daniel Calabretta, the first openly LGBTQ+ district judge on the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Presiding Justice Laurie Earl, the first openly LGBTQ+ presiding judge on California's Third District Court of Appeal (and on any California appellate court)
- Associate Justice Kelli Evans, the first openly lesbian justice on the California Supreme Court
- Judge Misha Igra, past president of the Leonard M. Friedman Bar Association, appointed to the Sacramento Superior Court
- Associate Justice Shama Hakim Mesiwala, co-founder of the South Asian Bar Association (SABA), appointed to California's Third District Court of Appeal
- Judge Michael Rhoads, past Co-Chair of SacLegal, appointed to the San Francisco Superior Court
Here are some photos of the evening, courtesy of our wonderful photographer, Christina Best (https://www.christinabestphotography.com).
We look forward to seeing you at the next event!